Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Here's my blog! Read This First!


My AOL Journal went down...alas! So here I am with a new host, Google. It could be that someday we will need the skill of spinning and weaving again, meantime, it can be an enjoyable pastime. I focus on spinning with a Takli and Navajo spindle as these take up so little space. I am content to spin enough yarn to knit a long scarf or two each year. I like to use camel down, as it is affordable and easy to spin. Cashmere is really nice too, as well as alpaca and angora rabbit. Alpaca is a little tricky as the fibers are fairly long.

Leave a comment if so inclined. You can ask me a question by sending to spinknitinfo@aol.com. It may take me several weeks to answer, as I have a regular job that takes me out of town two weeks at a time.

If you are new to spinning, you have a lot to look forward to! It is very rewarding endeavor...Dave

No comments: